Monday, November 21, 2011

Some info from JMB

Hi, this is John Michael. Here is some interesting info thus far.

· The first kid I played, from India, spoke good English, thankfully.
· The second kid was from the US, so no problems there.
· The 3rd and 4th were from Columbia and Peru, and they spoke no English at all. I had a hard time understanding what they were saying, but I got through.
· I will upload all my games when I get home, it might take a long time, maybe a week after we return.
· The food’s good, they have chicken, rice, and pasta every day (but different types).
· They call French fries “potato chip.”
· For breakfast, they have a bunch of breads and cakes and stuff.
· The bathrooms and water fountain are in the playing room, thankfully.
· If your opponent fails to show up after 15 minutes, you win the game.
· After every move you make and you hit the clock, 30 seconds gets added to your time (called increment).
· No one speaks English here.
· The 5th round game will be against another Peruvian.
· I am sitting on the bed right now.
· You start out with 1 hour and 30 minutes at the beginning of the game. You have to make 40 moves without running out of time. After you do this, an extra 30 minutes gets added to your time.
· My favorite part of the trip is all the people I’m meeting.

No comments: